- The policy of The Shubert Organization, Inc. is to select, place, train and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to accord equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws. We do so without regard to non work-related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, ancestry, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information/genetic testing, familial status, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, or an individual's military or veteran status. This equal opportunity policy applies to all Company activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation practices, benefits and termination of employment.
Title: Operating Engineer, Full-time Vacation Relief
Hours: This is a full-time vacation relief position (40 hours a week plus overtime when necessary). Must be able to work both day and evening shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Qualified candidates will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Extensive field experience with:
- Operating, troubleshooting, and repairing HVAC/R equipment
- Electrical power and control systems
- Basic plumbing skills (soldering, brazing, etc.)
- Monitoring and operating of fire protection systems along with the requisite certificates
- NYC Fire Department Certificate of Qualification for Refrigerating System Operating Engineer
- CFC Universal Card
- FDNY S-12 and S-13 Certificate of Fitness for standpipe and sprinkler, as well as other engineering certificates of fitness required for proper operation, coverage and job performance (air compressor, fire guard, oxy/acetylene, etc.)
- Ability to read schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints
- Superior communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction well and to effectively accomplish tasks based on verbal instructions
- High level of motivation and be a self-starter
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Capability to work flexible schedule as required by operational demands and ability to fill-in for co-workers as necessary (due to vacation, illness, etc.). Mandatory overtime when required by operational needs. Our Engineering Crew services our theatres, which operate 365 days a year.
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline oriented, high pressure environment, and to effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- The position will require application for membership in I.U.O.E. Local Union No. 30.
We offer a competitive salary and a superior benefits package.
For consideration, please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.